Rice from North to South, East to West are the pride of many Indian cooks and without them the food seems incomplete. It can be eaten by the methods of dal, vegetable, casserole, biryani. Here is the recipe of another tasty dish of rice, which will be your favorite food. This Punjabi recipe is made of chana dal, basmati rice, rice, ginger-garlic paste, fennel and cumin seeds.
Serve it with fresh curd, raita and salad. The best part is that this fun dish will be made in half an hour.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Khichdi
- 1 cup gram lentils
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- Salt to taste
- chilli powder
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon aniseed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
How to make chana dal khichdi
- Step 1First wash the rice in running water and soak it for about 20-25 minutes. After that wash the gram lentils and keep aside.
- Step 2While the rice is getting wet, take a saucepan. Add oil to it and heat it on medium heat. After this, take cumin, garlic, fennel and ginger in the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Now add chopped onion and fry till it gets transpired. Add salt chili and stir for 30-40 seconds. Now add gram lentils and cook for 2-5 minutes. Now add two cups of water and mix all the ingredients in the pan.
- Step 4Cover the pan and cook the gram lentils for 4-5 minutes. Now add basmati rice and mix it well. Add the remaining water and cover the lid and cook till the dal and rice are cooked.
- Step 5Open the lid in the middle and check if the rice and lentils are cooked or not. If khichdi is cooked, garnish it with chopped coriander and make a hot survey.