Many people observe fast during Navratri. It is believed that it is right to fast these days in terms of health. Fasting is also good for your husband. These days people do not eat grains, in such a way, fruits, sago or potatoes are eaten in the fast. Keeping these things in mind, here is a recipe of Tasty Khichdi which is perfect in terms of health, test and fast.
Ingredients of fasting potato khichdi
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons refined oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli
- One and a half teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup Roasted and Crushed Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
The method of making fasting potato khichdi
- Step 1First peel the potatoes and grate them. Put them in a bowl and soak them in water so that they do not become black. Squeeze water from the potatoes and keep aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, you can heat oil in a nonsticky fry pan, add curry leaves and cumin seeds. Stir them all and keep on low heat for half a minute.
- Step 3Now add grated potato and salt. Keep stirring occasionally and keep on the gas until the potatoes are cooked.
- Step 4Now add lemon juice, coriander leaves, green chilies, peanuts, and mix. Keep stirring occasionally and keep on the flame for 2-3 minutes. Finally, mix the sugar and cook for a minute. Turn off the gas for half a minute and serve hot.